Donnerstag, 6. August 2015

My handbag and me - a totally not romantic relationship



Now the ones of you that know me a little bit know that I don’t usually like shopping, neither for clothes but especially not for handbags. I don’t even have one of my own so if I need one for a wedding for example I have to borrow it from a friend (or a friend’s friend). There is no need for me to drag along such an accessory because my lipstick is still on the shelve at the beautician’s, my nail polish, too, my make-up supplies are still waiting for me to finally come to the conclusion that I really have to buy them (after all they might not be so wrong considering my increasing age and the wrinkles that come along with it).
Me in 5 to 10 years? I'm still thinking about
whether I like what I see...
Back to the handbag that I don’t need and don’t want and don’t like… there is an exception that I want (not necessarily need) badly. The other day I saw a cute Versace bag sitting on the shelve blinking at me begging me to buy it. And I did! The fact that I was shopping at a “System bolaget” (which is basically a liquid store; you can’t buy any alcohol in a normal shop in Sweden so you need to go to such a System bolaget) might help you to understand why I wanted this Versace bag so much. And when looking at it in greater detail it is not a Versace bag but a Vernissage bag. Still it helds good for my own first real handbag including a sparkling gem on the front (and I don’t particularly like sparkling, glossing, shiny things, and no, my dear hubby, not even on my ring finger. Lucky him, that saves him a lot of money, doesn’t it?).
...there are much more useful wedding rings,
or would you use a diamond as bottle opener?

So what’s it all about this handbag? It is very elegant, has a perfect size, is quite comfortable to drag along, but the best of it is its content: 1.5 liters of white wine! What’s not to love here? And even better (that only occurred to me at a later stage when some of the content was already in my body equals brain): if I ever have to attend a mind-numbing birthday/wedding/put your most dreaded event here I simply take an inconspicuous sip (or two) of my bag and whoops! Things will change from dull to at least a tad more interesting. I have to be careful about the quantity though – too much of that whine might lead to quite embarrassing moments (ever seen me dancing on a table while singing karaoke songs? Not a nice view I can tell you, and definitely NOT inconspicuous anymore).

If you ever get invited to an event that you know will bore you to tears I’ll gladly lend you my Versace bag and the party will turn out ok.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen